Tuesday 23 August 2011

Sipi Falls

Very quick post. Stayed at Sipi Falls for last 2 nights. View from where we stayed was beautful, and you could see the falls. There was a rainbow across them as we arrived. Gorgeous. Abseiled down by the biggest waterfall yesterday afternoon, was amazing but I was more terrified than when we did the bungy jump! Great view though. :) Got absolutely DRENCHED at the bottom! Got some good group photos, thanks to Moses, our guide for the day.

Afterwards most of the group did the hike to the opther waterfalls but I took the opportunity to go to the nearest pharmacy (an hour's round trip on a boda) to get some stuff for my cough which I've had for over a week now, and is getting really irritating. My experience of a Ugandan village doctor... hmm.. No idea what I have, but have some tablets which I think are antibiotics, and some cough medicine. Fingers crossed this works!

In Mbale this afternoon. Roasting hot day. Always seems to be hot on our travel days and rains every other day! Bus leaves at 5pm for Kenya! =D Jo, Annabelle, Kate and I are off to Nakuru and the others are going to Niavasha (sp?). Weird to be leaving Uganda but we'll be coming back for flights and mabe stopping in Jinja again. Gotta go, internet has been so slow I've had about 4 min to do this! Having an amazing time though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment