Saturday 10 September 2011

How many mzungus does it take to fill a bed?

Three, but five in a small single room. The bed is a small double, but Sami, Kate and I fit in it 'cause it was cheaper than sharing the big room the others shared before they left. We were in bed by galf 8, but spent a good hour flicking through Sami's pictures of the last 7 weeks and having a good cackle, ha ha! Their quad biking ones are amazing ha ha. Lake Nabugabo and Ssese feel like so long ago looking back at the pictures.

Jo and Annabelle camped, but it started chucking it down in the night. They came in when the lightning started, lighting up the whole room every few seconds. They slept on the floor from about quarter to four, and when Kate got up first this morning we 'upgraded'. I moved along to the middle and was upgraded to having a bit of the one pillow, and Jo got in the bed. None of us slept particularly well last night though. Kate and I have rewashed our underwear this morning that we'd hung out to dry in the night. Doubt it's gonna dry today though, as it's pretty cloudy and keeps spitting. Looks like I might be travelling home in bikini bottoms! I have actually kept a clean pair of trousers and a top so Mum and Dad don't think I smell TOO much when I get back, ha ha. Don't wanna leave, but quite excited to actually get home now. :) It's going to be really strange not seeing the people I've spent every day with for the past 7 weeks though, and I think having my own room could be quite lonely! We realised that, in our group of 4, we never ad our own bed in Kenya, ha ha.

Went out fo food in a fast food place last night, since we'd forgotten how early places stop serving food in Uganda. You'd think that 7pm is a reasonable time to go for a meal, really... We have eaten so much fast food whilst we've been away, and I was amazed not to have put on any weight in the last few weeks! I had to give my weight for my bilharzia tablets, and she said did I want to check. I said yeah, as we've eaten reeeally well since being weighed for the bungy, ha ha, and obviously not been buiding a playground any more. When she said, "No, you are right" I felt like shouting "Get in!" Ha ha. We're going out for a nice meal tonight, and will either get a few hours sleep before we leave for the airport at about 2am, or go to the airport early. Going to look up Entebbe airport now to see if there is much there.

So it's almost the end of the trip and the blog! I'll do one more post when we get home and write about the pyramids. Touch wood, everything should be fine. The foreign office just says to stay away from demonstrations, but that there are no travel restrictions, so as long as we arrive on time we should be good to go. :) See you in 35.5 hours, England! Excited for maltesers, gravy, roast potatoes, haribo, hot shower, comfy bed, clean clothes, washing machine, constant electricity and, of course, seeing everybody. :) Oh, and cheesecake. ;) Best sister ever. =D

Think we are going to go to the zoo this afternoon, once Annabelle has gone to the airport. Yeah I know we've been on safari, but we don't want to spend our last day doing nothing.

Hope Mum and Dad have an amazing night at the Last Night of the Proms in Hyde Park! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment